A deep dive into autumn’s riches. This walk offers space to explore three rich and varied habitats – woodland, moor and hedgerow – as we seek out the nuts, berries, roots, barks and fungi that fill our baskets at this time of year.
We hope you will gain:
– A relationship with over 15 wild plants, as well as any poisonous ones encountered
– Knowledge of some of Galloway’s wild and uninhabited moorland and beautiful rivers and waterfalls
– Methods of preparation to make herbal remedies at home
– A sense of confidence in your own foraging practice
– A relationship with wild plants that will last a lifetime